This last Sunday we concluded our “God is ______” Series with the most controversial of God’s attributes: God is Jealous. (Click the link to see the sermon video). We hope you enjoy digging into these study resources for the final attribute we will look in depth at together this summer.
And stay tuned… we will be announcing the upcoming series in the next few days and we are very excited about it!
- What makes God’s jealousy distinct and different from our own jealousy?
- Why is God’s jealousy for His honor the best thing for us?
- How can you be more jealous for God’s honor in your life?
Scripture for Further Study:
“For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.”
“Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.”
“They angered him with their high places; they aroused his jealousy with their idols.”
1 Corinthians 10:22
“Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than He?”
“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I am very jealous for Jerusalem and Zion”
“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.”
Resources for Further Study:
- Spurgeon, Charles. “A Jealous God.” https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/spurgeon_charles/sermons/0502.cfm
- Grudem, Wayne. “The Jealousy of God.” https://www.monergism.com/jealousy-god
- Keller, Tim. “The Jealousy of God.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkHumlZIW0
Study Resources Compiled by Patrick O’Rourke, Redeemer Church Groups Minster