This past Sunday was a beautiful time for us at Redeemer Church. If you would like to watch the sermon from this weekend by Pastor Chris Gillespie, titled “God is Love” you can find it on our website at redeemerhd.com. I hope you are enjoying following along in our Study Guide written by our Groups Minister, Patrick O’Rourke. Today we would like to share with you some of the digging deeper study resources Patrick compiled in that Study Guide. Hope you enjoy taking the time to meditate a little longer on what God’s love is like.
- Does God love everybody the same way?
- If love requires more than one person, How did God love before He created people?
- Why is it important for God’s love to come from His character and not from our own loveliness?
Scripture for Further Study:
1 John 4:8
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.”
“neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
1 John 4:10
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Resources for Further Study:
- Piper, John. “Nothing Can Separate Us from the Love of Christ.” https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/nothing-can-separate-us-from-the-love-of-christ
- Sproul, R.C. “The Holy Love of God” https://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/holy-love-god/
- Keller, Tim. “How Deep God Loves You.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvSP7YtyegE