This last weekend we spent some time talking about God’s justice. If you would like to hear the sermon, you can find it here and then come back to meditate on these questions and verses.
- Along with punishing sin, what does Biblical justice entail?
- Why is it important that God’s justice come from within and not from an outside principle or constraint?
- Is God acting justly when He pardons our sin? How?
Scripture for Further Study:
“He is the Rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He.”
“I, the Lord, speak the truth; I declare what is right.”
“Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
“He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing.”
“God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.”
“The King is mighty, He loves justice – you have established equity; in Jacob you have done what is just and right.”
Resources for Further Study:
- Strachan, Owen. “3 Ways God’s Justice Comforts Us” https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/3-ways-gods-justice-comforts-us/
- Ligonier Ministries. “Justification from the Just God” https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/justification-just-god/
- The Gospel Coatlition. “Biblical Foundations for Seeking God’s Justice in a Sinful World.” (Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic2DAoS4tJM