This week we are exploring the attribute of God’s omnipresence. Join us as we meditate in preparation for Sunday’s sermon on The God who is Everywhere.
- If God is everywhere at all times, what does that mean for the Christian?
- Why is it inappropriate to refer to God as having size or spatial dimensions?
- Reflect on your own personal reaction to the fact that God is everywhere at all times, even during our darkest and most sinful moments and yet He still loves us.
Scripture for Further Study:
“Am I only a God nearby,” declares the Lord, and not a God far away? Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” Declares the Lord. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” Declares the Lord.
1 Kings 8:27
“But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you.”
“Not one will get away, none will escape. Though they dig down to the depths below, from there I will bring them down.”
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I fee from your presence?”
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Resources for Further Study:
- Ligonier Ministries. “God is Everywhere”
- Storms, Sam. “10 Things You Should Know About God’s Omnipresence.”
- Wilkin, Jen. “God’s Omnipresence, Our Limit of Place”